3D visulization

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

3D visulization

adamzhan
Hi,
  I am working for 3D agent based project. However, the repast could not
provide the visulization function for 3D. Thus, I save the agents
positions in the text file and want to use a graphic software to show
them. In my project, there are three types agent, A,B,C.
  I require that agent A is red, B is blue and C is yellow in the 3D
lattice. I configure a 64*64*64 3D lattice and I could record the
postions of the agents. Could you recommend a good software for me?

Thank you very much
Adam

> Send Repast-interest mailing list submissions to
> [hidden email]
>
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/repast-interest
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
> [hidden email]
>
> You can reach the person managing the list at
> [hidden email]
>
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of Repast-interest digest..."
>
>
> Today's Topics:
>
>    1. a problem about the Object2DGrid (zhaolin)
>    2. Re: a problem about the Object2DGrid (Vos, Jerry R.)
>
> --__--__--
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 11:44:45 +0800
> From: "zhaolin" <[hidden email]>
> To: "[hidden email]"
> <[hidden email]>
> Subject: [Repast-interest] a problem about the Object2DGrid
>
> CWhpLGV2ZXJ5Ym9keS4gSSBlbmNvdW50ZXIgc29tZSBwcm9ibGVtIHdoZW4gaSB1c2VkIHRoZSAi
> dWNoaWNhZ28uc3JjLnNpbS5zcGFjZS5PYmplY3QyREdyaWQiLiBpIGhvcGUgaSBjb3VsZCBmaW5k
> IHNvbWUgaGVscCBoZXJlLg0KCWkgd29uZGVyIGlmIHRoZXJlIGFueSBsaW1pdGF0aW5zIGZvciB0
> aGUgc2l6ZSBvZiBhbiBzcGFjZW9iamVjdCAtIk9iamVjdDJER3JpZCIgPw0KICBUaGUgY29uY2Vy
> bmVkIGNvZGVzIGlzIGFzIGZvbGxvd3M6DQoNCiAgcHVibGljIGNsYXNzIE15TW9kZWwgOiBTaW1w
> bGVNb2RlbA0KICB7ICAgDQogICAvL0luaXRpYWxpemF0aW9uDQoJcHJpdmF0ZSBPYmplY3QyREdy
> aWQgd29ybGQ7CSANCglwcml2YXRlIGludCB3b3JsZFhTaXplPTY1MDA7DQoJcHJpdmF0ZSBpbnQg
> d29ybGRZU2l6ZT0yOw0KICAgIHByaXZhdGUgRGlzcGxheVN1cmZhY2UgZGlzcGxheVN1cmZhY2U7
> DQogICANCiAgICAvL0Rpc3BsYXkgdGhlICJ3b3JsZCIgDQoJd29ybGQ9bmV3IE9iamVjdDJER3Jp
> ZCh3b3JsZFhTaXplLHdvcmxkWVNpemUpOw0KCWRpc3BsYXlTdXJmYWNlID0gbmV3IERpc3BsYXlT
> dXJmYWNlKHRoaXMsdGhpcy5OYW1lKTsNCglPYmplY3QyRERpc3BsYXkgYWdlbnREaXNwbGF5ID1u
> ZXcgT2JqZWN0MkREaXNwbGF5KHdvcmxkKTsNCglkaXNwbGF5U3VyZmFjZS5hZGREaXNwbGF5YWJs
> ZShhZ2VudERpc3BsYXksIkFnZW50cyAiKTsJDQoJfQ0KICANCiAgICAgIHdoZW4gaSBzZXQgdGhl
> ICB3b3JsZFhTaXplIGxhcmdlciB0aGFuICBhYm91dCA2NTAwICx0aGUgcHJvZ3JhbSB3aWxsIHRo
> cm93IGFuIGV4Y2VwdGlvbiAgIlN5c3RlbS5Bcmd1bWVudEV4Y2VwdGlvbqGxaW4NCiJzeXN0ZW0u
> d2luZG93cy5mb3Jtcy5kbGwiLg0KICAgICAgIHRoZSBzeXN0ZW0gaSB1c2VkIGlzOiBSZXBhc3Qu
> bmV0IChpbiByZXBhc3QgMy4wIHN1aXRlKSt2cy5uZXQgMjAwMysgd2luIFhwKHNwMikuDQoNCkFu
> eSB3b3JkcyB3aWxsIGJlIGhlbHBmdWwgLjN4IGZvciB5b3VyIGF0dGVudGlvbi4NCg0KICAgICAg
> ICAgICAgCQkNCg0KoaGhoaGhoaGhoaGhoaEgICBqZXJyeQ0KoaGhoaGhoaGhoaGhoaGhoWplcnJ5
> X3poYW9saW5AdG9tLmNvbQ0KoaGhoaGhoaGhoaGhoaGhoaGhoaEyMDA1LTA5LTE0DQo=
>
>
>
>
> --__--__--
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 13:25:22 -0500
> Reply-To: [hidden email]
> To: zhaolin <[hidden email]>
> CC: "[hidden email]"
> <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re: [Repast-interest] a problem about the Object2DGrid
> From: "Vos, Jerry R." <[hidden email]>
>
> Hello,
> I looked into this and the exception is being thrown inside Painter
> (which is used by the display surface) when it tries to make a Bitmap to
> back the display. I did a bit of searching around on the net and it
> seems that there's a maximum size of a Bitmap that may be caused by the
> video card drivers or windows itself (depending on where you look).
>
> Here's one of the more informative pages I could find regarding this:
> http://www.efg2.com/Lab/Graphics/VeryLargeBitmap.htm
>
> There may be a solution (namely backing the grid by a grid of Bitmaps),
> but this'll be something that'll require some more thought and
> investigation.
>
> So the problem isn't directly the size of the Object2DGrid, but with
> trying to display it. If you'd like please file a bug report on this at
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?atid=101703&group_id=1703&func=browse to
> sort of centralize any activity about this.
>
> Thanks for pointing this out,
> Jerry
>
>
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> *From:* "zhaolin" <[hidden email]>
> *To:* "[hidden email]"
> <[hidden email]>
> *Sent:* Tuesday, September 13, 2005 10:44:45 PM
> *Subject:* [Repast-interest] a problem about the Object2DGrid
>
>
>> hi,everybody. I encounter some problem when i used the
>> "uchicago.src.sim.space.Object2DGrid". i hope i could find some help
>> here.
>> i wonder if there any limitatins for the size of an spaceobject
>> -"Object2DGrid" ?
>>  The concerned codes is as follows:
>>
>>  public class MyModel : SimpleModel
>>  {
>>   //Initialization
>> private Object2DGrid world;
>> private int worldXSize=6500;
>> private int worldYSize=2;
>>    private DisplaySurface displaySurface;
>>
>>    //Display the "world"
>> world=new Object2DGrid(worldXSize,worldYSize);
>> displaySurface = new DisplaySurface(this,this.Name);
>> Object2DDisplay agentDisplay =new Object2DDisplay(world);
>> displaySurface.addDisplayable(agentDisplay,"Agents ");
>> }
>>
>>      when i set the  worldXSize larger than  about 6500 ,the program
>> will throw an exception  "System.ArgumentException¡±in
>>"system.windows.forms.dll".
>>       the system i used is: Repast.net (in repast 3.0 suite)+vs.net
>> 2003+ win Xp(sp2).
>>
>>Any words will be helpful .3x for your attention.
>>
>>
>>
>>¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡   jerry
>>¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡[hidden email]
>>¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡2005-09-14
>>HS^µéšŠX¬²'²ŠÞu¼“jg²¢êÝz÷¥¢™žž!jY^¬Â+a–œ…ëz'Šj
>>
>
>
>
> --__--__--
>
> _______________________________________________
> Repast-interest mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/repast-interest
>
>
> End of Repast-interest Digest
>
>
>



-------------------------------------------------------
SF.Net email is sponsored by:
Tame your development challenges with Apache's Geronimo App Server. Download
it for free - -and be entered to win a 42" plasma tv or your very own
Sony(tm)PSP.  Click here to play: http://sourceforge.net/geronimo.php
_______________________________________________
Repast-interest mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/repast-interest
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: 3D visulization

Rick Riolo

we have successfully used a package called Graph3D to make
make live 3D plots like the one in this (rough) screen shot:

   http://cscs.umich.edu/lab/graph3d.png

i dont' know if it has the functionality to allow you to
draw symbols for agents in a 3D space, but you could check
it out and see.

- r

Rick Riolo                           [hidden email]
Center for the Study of Complex Systems (CSCS)
4477 Randall Lab
University of Michigan         Ann Arbor MI 48109-1120
Phone: 734 763 3323                  Fax: 734 763 9267
http://cscs.umich.edu/~rlr

On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 [hidden email] wrote:

> Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 08:20:26 -0400 (EDT)
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: [Repast-interest] 3D visulization
>
> Hi,
>   I am working for 3D agent based project. However, the repast could not
> provide the visulization function for 3D. Thus, I save the agents
> positions in the text file and want to use a graphic software to show
> them. In my project, there are three types agent, A,B,C.
>   I require that agent A is red, B is blue and C is yellow in the 3D
> lattice. I configure a 64*64*64 3D lattice and I could record the
> postions of the agents. Could you recommend a good software for me?
>
> Thank you very much
> Adam
>
> > Send Repast-interest mailing list submissions to
> > [hidden email]
> >
> > To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
> > https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/repast-interest
> > or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
> > [hidden email]
> >
> > You can reach the person managing the list at
> > [hidden email]
> >
> > When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> > than "Re: Contents of Repast-interest digest..."
> >


-------------------------------------------------------
SF.Net email is sponsored by:
Tame your development challenges with Apache's Geronimo App Server. Download
it for free - -and be entered to win a 42" plasma tv or your very own
Sony(tm)PSP.  Click here to play: http://sourceforge.net/geronimo.php
_______________________________________________
Repast-interest mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/repast-interest
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: 3D visulization

Francisco Zagmutt
Hi Adam

You can use the statistical language R to create really neat 3D graphics,  
Download the software at http://cran.r-project.org/ , open R and in the
console type
library(lattice)
example(persp)
example(wireframe)
for some neat demos.  You can also check a gallery of R-generated graphics
at http://addictedtor.free.fr/graphiques/index.php.

I hope this helps

Francisco


>From: Rick Riolo <[hidden email]>
>Reply-To: Rick Riolo <[hidden email]>
>To: [hidden email]
>CC: Repast Interest List <[hidden email]>
>Subject: Re: [Repast-interest] 3D visulization
>Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 09:07:15 -0400 (EDT)
>
>
>we have successfully used a package called Graph3D to make
>make live 3D plots like the one in this (rough) screen shot:
>
>    http://cscs.umich.edu/lab/graph3d.png
>
>i dont' know if it has the functionality to allow you to
>draw symbols for agents in a 3D space, but you could check
>it out and see.
>
>- r
>
>Rick Riolo                           [hidden email]
>Center for the Study of Complex Systems (CSCS)
>4477 Randall Lab
>University of Michigan         Ann Arbor MI 48109-1120
>Phone: 734 763 3323                  Fax: 734 763 9267
>http://cscs.umich.edu/~rlr
>
>On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 [hidden email] wrote:
>
> > Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 08:20:26 -0400 (EDT)
> > From: [hidden email]
> > To: [hidden email]
> > Subject: [Repast-interest] 3D visulization
> >
> > Hi,
> >   I am working for 3D agent based project. However, the repast could not
> > provide the visulization function for 3D. Thus, I save the agents
> > positions in the text file and want to use a graphic software to show
> > them. In my project, there are three types agent, A,B,C.
> >   I require that agent A is red, B is blue and C is yellow in the 3D
> > lattice. I configure a 64*64*64 3D lattice and I could record the
> > postions of the agents. Could you recommend a good software for me?
> >
> > Thank you very much
> > Adam
> >
> > > Send Repast-interest mailing list submissions to
> > > [hidden email]
> > >
> > > To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
> > > https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/repast-interest
> > > or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
> > > [hidden email]
> > >
> > > You can reach the person managing the list at
> > > [hidden email]
> > >
> > > When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> > > than "Re: Contents of Repast-interest digest..."
> > >
>
>
>-------------------------------------------------------
>SF.Net email is sponsored by:
>Tame your development challenges with Apache's Geronimo App Server.
>Download
>it for free - -and be entered to win a 42" plasma tv or your very own
>Sony(tm)PSP.  Click here to play: http://sourceforge.net/geronimo.php
>_______________________________________________
>Repast-interest mailing list
>[hidden email]
>https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/repast-interest




-------------------------------------------------------
SF.Net email is sponsored by:
Tame your development challenges with Apache's Geronimo App Server. Download
it for free - -and be entered to win a 42" plasma tv or your very own
Sony(tm)PSP.  Click here to play: http://sourceforge.net/geronimo.php
_______________________________________________
Repast-interest mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/repast-interest
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: 3D visulization

Rick Riolo
In reply to this post by Rick Riolo

one of our admins reminded me that graph3d is the
name of a wrapper we wrote around the lib we use,
which is actually called visad .  i'm pretty sure
you can google that to find it.
- r

Rick Riolo                           [hidden email]
Center for the Study of Complex Systems (CSCS)
4477 Randall Lab
University of Michigan         Ann Arbor MI 48109-1120
Phone: 734 763 3323                  Fax: 734 763 9267
http://cscs.umich.edu/~rlr

On Tue, 20 Sep 2005, Rick Riolo wrote:

> Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 09:07:15 -0400 (EDT)
> From: Rick Riolo <[hidden email]>
> To: [hidden email]
> Cc: Repast Interest List <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re: [Repast-interest] 3D visulization
>
>
> we have successfully used a package called Graph3D to make
> make live 3D plots like the one in this (rough) screen shot:
>
>    http://cscs.umich.edu/lab/graph3d.png
>
> i dont' know if it has the functionality to allow you to
> draw symbols for agents in a 3D space, but you could check
> it out and see.
>
> - r
>
> Rick Riolo                           [hidden email]
> Center for the Study of Complex Systems (CSCS)
> 4477 Randall Lab
> University of Michigan         Ann Arbor MI 48109-1120
> Phone: 734 763 3323                  Fax: 734 763 9267
> http://cscs.umich.edu/~rlr
>
> On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 [hidden email] wrote:
>
> > Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 08:20:26 -0400 (EDT)
> > From: [hidden email]
> > To: [hidden email]
> > Subject: [Repast-interest] 3D visulization
> >
> > Hi,
> >   I am working for 3D agent based project. However, the repast could not
> > provide the visulization function for 3D. Thus, I save the agents
> > positions in the text file and want to use a graphic software to show
> > them. In my project, there are three types agent, A,B,C.
> >   I require that agent A is red, B is blue and C is yellow in the 3D
> > lattice. I configure a 64*64*64 3D lattice and I could record the
> > postions of the agents. Could you recommend a good software for me?
> >
> > Thank you very much
> > Adam
> >
> > > Send Repast-interest mailing list submissions to
> > > [hidden email]
> > >
> > > To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
> > > https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/repast-interest
> > > or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
> > > [hidden email]
> > >
> > > You can reach the person managing the list at
> > > [hidden email]
> > >
> > > When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> > > than "Re: Contents of Repast-interest digest..."
> > >
>


-------------------------------------------------------
SF.Net email is sponsored by:
Tame your development challenges with Apache's Geronimo App Server. Download
it for free - -and be entered to win a 42" plasma tv or your very own
Sony(tm)PSP.  Click here to play: http://sourceforge.net/geronimo.php
_______________________________________________
Repast-interest mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/repast-interest
Loading...