Batch runs: Nonsense run number

meperezh
Hi all,

I am using batch running and I am sending the run number to the output sink file.

Although the simulation finishes fine, when I check the output file, I see the data for every run, but also there are lots of rows whose values in the  run column are negative or decimals, which make absolute nonsense and make me think about the validity of the other data generated..

any idea why this happen? would it be Ok to just omit those nonsense rows?

Thanks,
Best regards,

Marco

Re: Batch runs: Nonsense run number

srcnick
I haven’t seen or heard of this before. When you say you are sending the run number, what do you mean? Do you have that check box ticked or are you sending iit in manually in some way? It should be sent automatically for a batch run, but there should be no harm in checking that box in the data source wizard. What sort of separator are you using for the output data, a comma, a tab?

thanks,

Nick

> On Apr 6, 2017, at 1:59 PM, meperezh <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I am using batch running and I am sending the run number to the output sink file.
>
> Although the simulation finishes fine, when I check the output file, I see the data for every run, but also there are lots of rows whose values in the  run column are negative or decimals, which make absolute nonsense and make me think about the validity of the other data generated..
>
> any idea why this happen? would it be Ok to just omit those nonsense rows?
>
> Thanks,
> Best regards,
>
> Marco

Re: Batch runs: Nonsense run number

meperezh
Thanks Nick,
I was using comma as separator, but changed to semicolons and that fixed it.

I have realized that one of the columns in the sink file included an array whose elements were comma separated as well.

best regards,

Marco