Batch runs on Windows virtual machines

Yared Abebe
Dear all,

I need to run 6750 simulations (675 parameter combinations, 10 simulations each). I was trying to set up RS batch configuration using remote host but I could not manage to configure SSH on Windows virtual machines (logging in the VMs using 'ssh [hidden email] is still asking for password). In addition, since my RS ABM call an external software (this software runs only on Windows OS), I have a doubt that the external software runs in a remote virtual box (following the document 'RS batch runs getting started'). Obviously, setting the parameters manually is a very inefficient procedure.

Would you please suggest an efficient way to proceed in batch simulations in this case?

Cheers,
Yared
Yared Abayneh Abebe, MSc
PhD Research Fellow in Urban Water Systems
Environmental Engineering and Water Technology Department
IHE Delft Institute for Water Education

Re: Batch runs on Windows virtual machines

srcnick
If I understand correctly, you are trying to login to a remote window machine? Have you tried logging in manually via ssh? I’m not sure how well windows supports an ssh server or even if that’s possible. If its not possible, section 9 of the

describes how to do batch runs from the command line. Essentially, you can create the model archive jar via the batch run gui and then do batch runs using that from the command line. So its possible to copy it to some remote machine, login to that machine and run from the command line.

Note that you can also do local batch runs using the batch run GUI. So you do have the option of doing the batch runs locally. See the doc mentioned above for more details.

Nick