Getting Elevation

sudheera Navaratne
Hi

 I use Repast Simphony 3D visualization. When I place agent in the map I can see the latitude, longitude and the elevation in the map data.

Is it possible to read this elevation data to my program.

What I want to do is to get the elevation data around my agent within a given radius to see hoe flat the earth is

Thanks
--
Sudheera Navaratne

Re: Getting Elevation

Tatara, Eric R.
The elevation data on the display is not available to the model code.  The recommended approach is to find a source of elevation data for your region of interest and load it into the model as 2D grid so that you can look up elevation data via the agent's lat/lon location which is available from the Geography projection.

eric

Eric Tatara, PhD, PE
Software Engineer
Global Security Sciences Division