Getting started with GIS: Step by step guide

Getting started with GIS: Step by step guide

sudheera Navaratne
Hi

    I'm bit new to repast symphony. Need to develop GIS based system in java. I went through the basic tutorial, tried to play with Repast GIS demo (Geography) and the RepastCity 3.

       Still was not able to fully understood how to read shape files from the repast and use them for back ground map as well as in agents?

    Can anyone please suggest a better starting point. Tutorial with detail description would be grate. I prefer to have step by step instruction at least to get a start.

Thanks

--
Sudheera Navaratne

Re: Getting started with GIS: Step by step guide

Tatara, Eric R.
The Geography demo source code is the best example currently and should follow all of the steps for setting up an introductory model as in the The Repast Java Getting Started guide.  The primary differences between the Geography demo and the Zombies model described in the tutorial are the Geography projection and loading of shapefiles which occurs in the ContextBuilder class.   The Geography mode agents also contain a few examples of geography queries.

eric

Eric Tatara, PhD, PE
Software Engineer
Global Security Sciences Division