Quantcast

JRE Version Error

William Mack-Crane

Hi all,

I’ve recently installed Repast on a linux machine, and pointed Eclipse to a version 1.8 JRE. My project runs ok in the GUI, but when I try a test batch it spits out:

java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: repast/simphony/batch/LocalDriver : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0

I gather from the interwebs that this indicates that Repast is trying to run the model on a JRE (1.7) older than the one it was compiled with (presumably 1.8). Is this because the JRE used in batch mode is set separately from the general Eclipse JRE? If so, how does one set the batch mode JRE?

Or may it be something else entirely?

Thanks!

Austen

W. Austen Mack-Crane

Senior Research Assistant, Center on Social Dynamics and Policy

The Brookings Institution

1775 Massachusetts Ave. NW, Washington, DC 20036

Phone 202.540.7768  |  wmack-crane@...