Quantcast

Multiple Scenarios

rijk
Hi all,

Is there an easy way to create multiple scenarios for the same project? I want this for two purposes:
  1. When I collect data in batch runs I need to make certain text sinks. I would like to have a seperate scenario where these text sinks don't exist so that I don't make text file when I'm just playing with the model.
  2. I want a new scenario that uses a different 'Data Loader' /'Builder Class' than the original one.
I now manually copy the <projectname>.rs map that contains the scenario, give it a different name, and then edit the Arguments in the Run Configuration. This works for my first purpose, but is quite hassle. It does not work for my second goal as I am somehow not able to remove the 'data loader' in the 'scenario tree' in the copied scenario.

I feel like I'm missing something. Like a 'File > New Scenario' button or something. Can anyone help out?

Kind regards,
Rijk Mercuur

Re: Multiple Scenarios

Ozik, Jonathan
One simple way to do this is to edit the Data Loader from the Repast GUI.
Take a look on page 19 of the Repast Java Getting Started guide: https://repast.github.io/docs/RepastJavaGettingStarted.pdf

Alternatively you could edit the scenario.xml and the relevant data loader xml file by hand.

Let us know if this helps,

Jonathan

On Jan 26, 2017, at 10:03 AM, Rijk Mercuur <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Hi Jonathan,

I really appreciate your help.
  • As I understand from your reply you confirm that the best way to have several scenarios is to duplicate the <projectname>.rs map and edit my Run Configuration. Is this correct? (Or is it possibly enough to copy the scenario.xml file, or do something with the File > Save As option in the GUI)
  • When I try the option 'Set Data Loader' in the GUI I get an IllegalAccesError. I have copied the error at the bottom of this e-mail. I have tried this in the original scenario as well as in an copied one. I have also tried deleting the original data loader as well as other GUI elements before editing the dataloader. This sadly makes no difference. Do you know how to prevent this error? For now I will try to set the dataloader manually via: repast.simphony.dataLoader.engine.ClassNameDataLoaderAction_0.xml
Kind regards,
Rijk

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.IllegalAccessError: class org.xml.sax.helpers.SecuritySupport12 cannot access its superclass org.xml.sax.helpers.SecuritySupport
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:142)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:467)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:73)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:361)
at org.java.plugin.standard.StandardPluginClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at org.java.plugin.standard.StandardPluginClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at repast.simphony.util.ClassFinder$ClassAdder.add(ClassFinder.java:36)
at repast.simphony.util.ClassFinder.processJar(ClassFinder.java:133)
at repast.simphony.util.ClassFinder.findClasses(ClassFinder.java:98)
at repast.simphony.util.ClassFinder.findClasses(ClassFinder.java:83)
at repast.simphony.scenario.data.Classpath.getClasses(Classpath.java:75)
at repast.simphony.dataLoader.ui.wizard.ClassBuilderStep.init(ClassBuilderStep.java:59)
at org.pietschy.wizard.Wizard.<init>(Unknown Source)
at repast.simphony.ui.plugin.editor.PluginWizard.<init>(PluginWizard.java:18)
at repast.simphony.util.wizard.DynamicWizard.<init>(DynamicWizard.java:42)
at repast.simphony.dataLoader.ui.wizard.DataLoaderWizardPluginUtil.create(DataLoaderWizardPluginUtil.java:28)
at repast.simphony.dataLoader.ui.DefaultDataLoaderMenuItem.actionPerformed(DefaultDataLoaderMenuItem.java:31)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2022)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2348)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:402)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:259)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(AbstractButton.java:376)
at com.jidesoft.plaf.vsnet.VsnetMenuItemUI.doClick(VsnetMenuItemUI.java:1395)
at com.jidesoft.plaf.vsnet.VsnetMenuItemUI$MouseInputHandler.mouseReleased(VsnetMenuItemUI.java:1190)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:6533)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3324)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4889)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2294)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4888)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:4525)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:4466)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2280)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:758)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(EventQueue.java:97)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:709)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:703)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:76)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:86)
at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:731)
at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:729)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:76)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:201)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:116)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:105)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:93)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:82)

[...]

Hi Rijk,

To answer your questions, yes, copying the .rs folder to create a new scenario is the way to go. And creating an additional launcher based on the original launcher will allow you to have a launcher per scenario.
I can't say that I've seen the error you're reporting before. Do you have any jars that you added to your lib folder?What platform are you running on?

Jonathan

On Jan 30, 2017, at 4:26 AM, Rijk Mercuur <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

I removed the jars; although I still get an error it seems to be working now.
Thank you!