Quantcast

Mystery of the day

Van Parunak
1. I have a working, trivial Simphony project that just spins in a loop to try to overflow the tick counter. (Answer: I can't, at least not in my lifetime.)
2. In the same workspace, I initialize another Simphony project with a different name.
3. In this new project, I define object and builder classes exactly the same as in the original project, but with appropriate changes to the class and method names.
4. When I try to run the new project, I get
ERROR [AWT-EventQueue-0] 18:12:04,046 repast.simphony.ui.RSApplication - Error while initializing simulation
java.lang.NullPointerException
with a long "at" chain, bottoming out at
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:82)
Any ideas what's going on?

--
H. Van Dyke Parunak, Ph.D.
President, ABC Research, LLC

Superior solutions through Agent-Based and Complex systems
1027 Ferdon Road
Ann Arbor, MI 48104-3630
email: van.parunak@...
cell: 734 395 3253
www.ABCResearch.org

Re: Mystery of the day

srcnick
Assuming the classpaths don’t overlap somehow, and the two projects are in separate directories, they shouldn’t conflict. What’s at the top of the stack trace?

Nick

On Jan 16, 2017, at 6:23 PM, Van Parunak <[hidden email]> wrote:

1. I have a working, trivial Simphony project that just spins in a loop to try to overflow the tick counter. (Answer: I can't, at least not in my lifetime.)
2. In the same workspace, I initialize another Simphony project with a different name.
3. In this new project, I define object and builder classes exactly the same as in the original project, but with appropriate changes to the class and method names.
4. When I try to run the new project, I get
ERROR [AWT-EventQueue-0] 18:12:04,046 repast.simphony.ui.RSApplication - Error while initializing simulation
java.lang.NullPointerException
with a long "at" chain, bottoming out at
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:82)
Any ideas what's going on?

--
H. Van Dyke Parunak, Ph.D.
President, ABC Research, LLC
<LogoColorArtNouveau_Small.png>
Superior solutions through Agent-Based and Complex systems
1027 Ferdon Road
Ann Arbor, MI 48104-3630
email: <a href="x-msg://15/van.parunak@gmail.com" class="">van.parunak@...
cell: 734 395 3253