Network

Grant, Tyler J [NREM]

Hi All,

I want to create a network to display the movement pathways of Monarch butterflies.  Within each tick (which corresponds to 1 day), Monarchs can move in 50m steps until they are limited by distance or number of eggs laid.  At the end of each tick and/or at the end of the egg-laying life of the butterfly (about 10 days/tick) I need to display the path they took.  I can store each xy coordinate for each step, but I’m not sure how to create nodes out of these xy coordinates.  Nodes seem to typically be agents and stay with the agent wherever it goes, but I need my nodes to be the xy coordinates of each step.

Thanks,

Tyler

Dr. Tyler J. Grant

Postdoctoral Associate

Department of Natural Resource Ecology and Management

Iowa State University

339 Science II

Ames, IA 50011

Re: Network

Vallee, Francois
Hi Tyler,

For your problem, I would use a different layout or the cells of the grid to keep track of the path of butterflies. Maybe you could create another type of agent (like a PathNode) where your butterfly is and connect it to the previous location.
Are you doing your model in Relogo or Repast Java?

Regards,
Francois

On 25/11/15 04:42, Grant, Tyler J [NREM] wrote:

[...]

Which display type are you using?

Eric Tatara, PhD, PE
Software Engineer
Global Security Sciences Division