Pure Groovy model

Rainer Hilscher
Hi,

is there a way to build a pure Groovy model? With pure I mean similar to the pure Java way of coding a model without having to setup it up as a Relogo model.

In other words, I want to code a Groovy model the same way as a Java model described in the "Repast Java Getting Started " tutorial. Is this possible at all?

Thanks,
Rainer

Re: Pure Groovy model

srcnick
Rainer,

This should certainly be possible. One thing to keep in mind is that we use reflection in a few places and in that case a recognizable Java-like signature is required. For example, an agent's methods can be used as data sources and those methods should be public and explicity return a  primitive or a String. The groovy default is to make methods public so I don’t think the public needs to be explicit. At any rate, if you are not seeing what you expect, try to match a Java signature.

Nick