Quantcast

Question about MRSA_Statecharts model

Carlos Bahamonde Reyes
Dear all,

I have downloaded the MRSA demostration model, I'm able to start it without any problem apparently, because when I press the button "Initialize run" I can see in the user panel the scroll bars for changing the parameters, but when I go to press the button run "Start", the Display screen go to black but nothing happen, no agents and the only think that I get is the Statechart pop up screen. So I was wondering, Do I miss any step or any initialization?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

--
Carlos R. Bahamonde Reyes
Ingeniero Civil Electrónico

Re: Question about MRSA_Statecharts model

Ozik, Jonathan
Hi Carlos,

Just so I understand, you've downloaded this model? https://www.openabm.org/model/4466/version/1/view
If so, which version of Repast Simphony are you using to try to run it?

Jonathan

On Aug 9, 2016, at 10:49 PM, Carlos Bahamonde Reyes <[hidden email]> wrote:

Dear all,

I have downloaded the MRSA demostration model, I'm able to start it without any problem apparently, because when I press the button "Initialize run" I can see in the user panel the scroll bars for changing the parameters, but when I go to press the button run "Start", the Display screen go to black but nothing happen, no agents and the only think that I get is the Statechart pop up screen. So I was wondering, Do I miss any step or any initialization?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

--
Carlos R. Bahamonde Reyes
Ingeniero Civil Electrónico
Universidad de Concepción

Re: Question about MRSA_Statecharts model

Carlos Bahamonde Reyes
Hi Jonathan,

Yes I've downloaded that one. I'm using Repast Simphony 2.3.1.

Many thanks.

Kind regards,

[...]

Thank you for your response. Just for letting you know, now I'm running it on Repast Simphony 2.1, but the same problem. However, now I noticed the next message on the Eclipse Console:

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" javax.media.opengl.GLException: Method "glGenBuffers" not available
at jogamp.opengl.gl4.GL4bcImpl.glGenBuffers(GL4bcImpl.java:5951)
at saf.v3d.scene.VEdgeLayer.init(VEdgeLayer.java:41)
at saf.v3d.scene.VEdgeLayer.doDraw(VEdgeLayer.java:94)
at saf.v3d.scene.VSpatial.draw(VSpatial.java:196)
at saf.v3d.scene.VComposite.doDraw(VComposite.java:132)
at saf.v3d.scene.VSpatial.draw(VSpatial.java:196)
at saf.v3d.scene.VComposite.doDraw(VComposite.java:132)
at saf.v3d.scene.VSpatial.draw(VSpatial.java:196)
at saf.v3d.Canvas2D.display(Canvas2D.java:276)
at jogamp.opengl.GLDrawableHelper.displayImpl(GLDrawableHelper.java:576)
at jogamp.opengl.GLDrawableHelper.display(GLDrawableHelper.java:561)
at javax.media.opengl.awt.GLCanvas$7.run(GLCanvas.java:1054)
at jogamp.opengl.GLDrawableHelper.invokeGLImpl(GLDrawableHelper.java:1024)
at jogamp.opengl.GLDrawableHelper.invokeGL(GLDrawableHelper.java:899)
at javax.media.opengl.awt.GLCanvas$8.run(GLCanvas.java:1065)
at javax.media.opengl.Threading.invoke(Threading.java:193)
at javax.media.opengl.awt.GLCanvas.display(GLCanvas.java:483)
at javax.media.opengl.awt.GLCanvas.paint(GLCanvas.java:537)
at sun.awt.RepaintArea.paintComponent(Unknown Source)
at sun.awt.RepaintArea.paint(Unknown Source)
at sun.awt.windows.WComponentPeer.handleEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$200(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)

Any clue about which the problem might be?

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Hi Carlos,

I can take a look at this when I get back to my desk after August 23rd. In the meantime if you have more details on what you're experiencing, feel free to send them to me.

Jonathan

On Aug 11, 2016, at 12:47 PM, Carlos Bahamonde Reyes <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Tatara, Eric R.
The error suggests that your computer does not have a graphics card that supports OpenGL or that your graphics drivers are out of date.  The displays in Repast use OpenGl-based rendering and require a 3D capable graphics card.  Updating the graphics card drivers of your computer might fix this problem.

eric

Eric Tatara, PhD, PE
Software Engineer
Global Security Sciences Division
Argonne National Laboratory

Re: Question about MRSA_Statecharts model

Carlos Bahamonde Reyes
Dear Eric/Jonathan,

I would like to ask you another question about the MRSA model. Is this a terminating simulation? I mean, it finish in any condition like in the JZombies model when all the Humans are turned into Zombies? If not, is possible to convert the model to a terminating simulation?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Thank you very much Eric.

Kind regards,