Quantcast

Range of values returned by getScale()

Van Parunak
The getScale() method in repast.simphony.visualizationOGL2D.StyleOGL2D appears to be used by the interface to determine how large to draw an agent. I want to override this function to vary the size of my agent programmatically. What range of values makes sense for getScale() to return? Is this value related in some way to the size of the space in which the agents are situated?
--
H. Van Dyke Parunak, Ph.D.
President, ABC Research, LLC

Superior solutions through Agent-Based and Complex systems
email: van.parunak@...
cell: 734 395 3253
www.ABCResearch.org

Re: Range of values returned by getScale()

srcnick
Its been awhile since I used it, but I think the scale is relative to the size of the object created in getVSpatial. For example, if you return a 10x10 (pixels) square in that, then a scale of 2 doubles the size to 20x20.

Nick

On Sep 22, 2016, at 1:50 PM, Van Parunak <[hidden email]> wrote:

The getScale() method in repast.simphony.visualizationOGL2D.StyleOGL2D appears to be used by the interface to determine how large to draw an agent. I want to override this function to vary the size of my agent programmatically. What range of values makes sense for getScale() to return? Is this value related in some way to the size of the space in which the agents are situated?
--
H. Van Dyke Parunak, Ph.D.
President, ABC Research, LLC
<LogoColorArtNouveau_Small.png>
Superior solutions through Agent-Based and Complex systems
email: <a href="x-msg://8/van.parunak@gmail.com" class="">van.parunak@...
cell: 734 395 3253
www.ABCResearch.org