Repast Simphony 2.4 installation problem

Repast Simphony 2.4 installation problem

bagjohn
I try to install Repast on Linux Mint 17.3 'Rosa' 64-bit

I follow the instructions here : https://repast.github.io/download.html

What follows persisted for Eclipse Neon1 and Neon2, Commiters and modelling release, user and sudo installation

java and javac version 1.8

The Groovy and Repast software seem to be installed correctly from within eclipse as shown in the installation properties.

First problem

After loading the example projects on the workspace there were errors regarding the library jar files that were supposed to be found in the eclipse plugins folder and were not:

The container 'Repast Simphony Development Libraries' references non existing library '/home/bagjohn/software/eclipse/committers-latest-released/eclipse/plugins/libs.bsf_2.4.0/lib/bsf.jar'    Automata        Build path    Build Path Problem

When checking under  Project -> Properties -> Java Build Path -> Libraries I realize that Repast Simphony Development Libraries (jar files) are missing. Also their location is predefined under eclipse/plugins in folders with suffix _2.4.0 which I cannot change.

Solution (probably not optimal)

I download Repast Simphony 2.4.0 Release.zip from https://sourceforge.net/projects/repast/files/v2.4.0/
I extract it in the plugins folder. I manually rename folders adding the _2.4.0 suffix
Now the jar files are detected where they are supposed to be and the example projects are loaded on the workspace

Second problem

When trying to run a project I get the message :
Error: Could not find or load main class repast.simphony.runtime.RepastMain

Attempt to solve

 Under Run -> Run Configurations -> Classpath under User Entries there exists Repast Simphony Interactive Runtime Libraries

The only thing that made a change was pressing the restore default entries button after which under User entries appeared "--the project folder-- (default classpath)". After running the error message was :

ERROR [main] 03:49:55,840 saf.core.runtime.Boot - null
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at saf.core.runtime.Boot.init(Boot.java:79)
    at saf.core.runtime.Boot.main(Boot.java:246)
    at repast.simphony.runtime.RepastMain.main(RepastMain.java:43)
ERROR [main] 03:49:55,856 saf.core.runtime.Boot - null
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at saf.core.runtime.Boot.run(Boot.java:101)
    at saf.core.runtime.Boot.main(Boot.java:247)
    at repast.simphony.runtime.RepastMain.main(RepastMain.java:43)

Another probably wrong attempt

Adding Under Run -> Run Configurations ->Arguments under Program arguments:
,  "/....-path to eclipse-..../eclipse/plugins/repast.simphony.runtime_2.4.0" provided the error message

WARN  [main] 04:04:35,685 org.java.plugin.boot.DefaultPluginsCollector - unknown repository location /home/bagjohn/software/eclipse/committers-latest-released/eclipse/plugins/repast.simphony.runtime_2.4.0..
ERROR [main] 04:04:35,802 saf.core.runtime.Boot - unknown plug-in ID - saf.core.runtime
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: unknown plug-in ID - saf.core.runtime
    at org.java.plugin.registry.xml.PluginRegistryImpl.getPluginDescriptor(Unknown Source)
    at org.java.plugin.standard.StandardPluginManager.getPlugin(Unknown Source)
    at saf.core.runtime.Boot.run(Boot.java:101)
    at saf.core.runtime.Boot.main(Boot.java:247)
    at repast.simphony.runtime.RepastMain.main(RepastMain.java:43)

After googling and browsing the sourceforge mailing list I could not find any solution and the explanation about how Boot works did not help.

Could you help me please?

Thank you