Repast and Microgrids

Paul Vaynshenk
Hello,

I am currently working on a project involving the modeling of multiple micro grids and their interaction with each other. My questions are this:

Do you think that Repast is a good choice for microgrid modeling? I have seen very sparse information on people using Repast for modeling of microgrids. If I were to implement the study in Repast, I would need to import data (from Excel) over each time step for 24 hours or longer and then rewrite the data back into the spreadsheet for use later. Is this possible? I have had a hard time finding any examples that use this method.

Thank you for your time,
Paul

Re: Repast and Microgrids

srcnick
I’m don’t know much about microgrid modeling, but as a Java application repast can use the Apache POI library for reading and writing to excel files in xlsx format. The POI library is included in the repast distribution, but the POI site would be the best bet for how to use it. If the excel data can be in csv format, you could use opencsv which is also included with repast.

Nick