Quantcast

Statechart Errors

Olusola Faboya
Hi all,
I am new to Repast and Repast statechart. I have been following the Repast Statechart tutorial and other models to develop a statechart based passenger mode choice model.

I have developed two statecharts:
 1) for commuters type (mental) which indicate what state is a commuter at point("FrequentUser" ,  "AverageUser" and so on)
2) for commuters physical statechat which indicate the physical state of a commuter (when at home, enrouteStation, onBoardtrain and so on)
Below are my codes and errors generated;
The first is the connection/displaying of the statecharts. The CommuterStatechart is displaying and working as a expected but the PhysicalStatechert is generating errors as given below (particularly underline PhysicalStatechart.createStateChart(this,0);)

My question is can we not call two different statecharts in a Class as done under Passenger Class?
What can be done to address the second creatStatechart error in PhysicalStatechart.

Regards
Olusola

CODES
public class Passenger {
private ContinuousSpace<Object> space;
private Grid<Object> grid;
@ProbedProperty (displayName = "CommuterStatechart")
CommuterStatechart commuterStatechart = CommuterStatechart.createStateChart(this,0);
@ProbedProperty (displayName ="PhysicalStatechart")
PhysicalStatechart physicalStatechart =PhysicalStatechart.createStateChart(this,0);

ERRORS:
at repast.simphony.engine.watcher.WatchAnnotationReader.findWatchAnnotation(WatchAnnotationReader.java:41)
at repast.simphony.engine.watcher.WatchAnnotationReader.processClass(WatchAnnotationReader.java:30)
at repast.simphony.engine.watcher.WatchAnnotationReader.processClasses(WatchAnnotationReader.java:36)
at repast.simphony.scenario.ScenarioLoader.load(ScenarioLoader.java:149)
at repast.simphony.ui.RSApplication.open(RSApplication.java:359)
at repast.simphony.ui.RSAppConfigurator.postWindowOpen(RSAppConfigurator.java:39)
at saf.core.ui.GUICreatorDelegate.runDisplay(GUICreatorDelegate.java:188)
.
.
.
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: modalShiftProject.PhysicalChart
at org.java.plugin.standard.StandardPluginClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

University of Nottingham.

permitted by UK legislation.

Re: Statechart Errors

Ozik, Jonathan
This seems to indicate that there's a reference to a modalShiftProject.PhysicalChart class somewhere (not modalShiftProject.PhysicalStatechart) and that class isn't being found, likely because it doesn't exist.
There's no restriction on how many statecharts an agent can have.

Hope this helps,

Jonathan

On Apr 20, 2016, at 5:36 AM, Olusola Faboya <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Do you have an agent class called modalShiftProject.PhysicalChart? Perhaps you meant that to read modalShiftProject.Passenger?

On Apr 20, 2016, at 9:57 AM, Olusola Faboya <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Jonathan,

Yes. The following are the details:

Project Name : modalShiftProject
                      Statechart Name: PhysicalStatechart
                      Class Name: PhysicalStatechart
                      Package: modalShiftProject.chart
                      Agent Class: modalShiftProject.PhysicalChart

I'm not sure if I have mixed things up , but i have checked the tutorials I'm following. I have not seen where the problem lies.

Regards

Olusola

Re: Statechart Errors

Ozik, Jonathan
The "Agent Class: modalShiftProject.PhysicalChart" part of the statechart is indicating which agent class this statechart (PhysicalStatechart) will be placed into. Are you saying that you have this statechart in two different agent classes?

On Apr 20, 2016, at 10:20 AM, Olusola Faboya <[hidden email]> wrote:

Yes I have, and it is the one that is having issue now. While the other statechart with Agent Class named modalShiftProject.Passenger (I used to monitor mental state)is working perfectly.
Though, I'm also, having another close look on it again.

Re: Statechart Errors

Ozik, Jonathan
Great to hear it's working.

On Apr 20, 2016, at 11:22 AM, Olusola Faboya <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Jonathan,
Thank you very for your time and patience.
You are right, I have seen the mistake and it is now working.
Many Thanks.

Regards

Olusola

CommuterStatechart commuterStatechart = CommuterStatechart.createStateChart(this,0);
@ProbedProperty (displayName ="PhysicalStatechart")
PhysicalStatechart physicalStatechart =PhysicalStatechart.createStateChart(this,0);

both the CommuterStatechart and the PhysicalStatechart are in the Passenger agent class (not modalShiftProject.PhysicalChart agent class).

No, I have it only in one agent class named modalShiftProject.PhysicalChart.