Team Formation

Elham Foruzan

Dear All,

I have a set of 5 types of agents and they participate in the market every tick of the simulation.

I need to expand my work in a way that 1) agents close to each other (from the same type) and 2) also agents from different type,  communicate with each other and form a team first and they work together, and after they paired up, and trade their initial needs, they participate in the market.

But, I haven't had any idea about how to implement the team formation and connecting agents in a way that they can communicate with each other. Would it be possible that someone send me a sample code that shows how to implement team formation, or just explain how I can create this setup?

I really appreciate your help,

Elham Foruzan

PhD Student

Re: Team Formation

srcnick
Are your agents in some kind of spatial projection (e.g. a grid) already? Assuming they are,  in your ContextBuilder after you’ve created the agents and added them to space, you could iterate over them and for each one find some number of near neighbors and create a team out of that. If you have a Team class that contains a list of agents, you could create one for each team of agents, add the agents to that Team, and give each agent in the team a reference to that Team. To communicate, the agents call methods on the agents in their Teams list.

There’s various classes you can use for getting agents within some distance of another agent: GridWithin, ContinuousWithin, GridCellNgh, and the various classes in repast.simphony.query.space.*

Nick