Timestep in Repast Simphony

Gerardo Leo
Hi all,

I am here to ask you more information about the tick (timestep) in repast.
Repast moves the agents according to space units instead of time units (one step is equal to one cell movement).  Is it right ?

What does the final tick number (at the end of the simulation) correspond ? Is it the sum of the movement step of each agent in the model ?
I mean, if for example: agent1 moves 3 steps and agent2 moves 6 steps, is the final tick 9 ?

Thank you very much.

Best,
Gerardo

Re: Timestep in Repast Simphony

Gerardo Leo
This post was updated on .
Thank you very for your exhaustive reply. I am using the Java version of Repast.

In my model I am simulating an evacuation from a building, of course a critical parameter in this situation is the time, then to elaborate my simulation's results, I need to parametrize properly the ticks in terms of seconds.

P.S. how can I set up how many grid cells an agent moves each  tick ??

Any advices would be more than welcome.
Thank you very much.

Gerardo