Zombies Text Sink dialog can't find Data Set

Zombies Text Sink dialog can't find Data Set

Van Parunak
I'm new to RePast, running on a Mac (OSX 10.10.5) with RepastMain 1.0
and jdk1.8.0_102, working through the ReLogo tutorial. I've succeeded in
defining the Agent Counts Data Set (p. 35 in the ReLogo Getting Started
document), but when I try to direct it to a Text Sink (either Console or
File), the dialog to define the sink can't find the Data Set. The drop
down box shows no alternatives. I've tried adding another data set, but
that doesn't show up, either. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

Re: Zombies Text Sink dialog can't find Data Set

srcnick
When you say RepastMain 1.0, what do you mean? The most recent version is Repast Simphony 2.3.1.

I’m not sure what could be wrong with the data sets not showing in the sink dialog. Do the data sets show up  under the data sets node in the tree? In the scenario.xml file in the scenario folder do you see some data set entries? Something like:

<repast.simphony.action.data_set context="jzombies" file="repast.simphony.action.data_set_3.xml" />

Do you see any errors in the eclipse console?

Nick
On Aug 22, 2016, at 1:09 PM, Van Parunak <[hidden email]> wrote:

I'm new to RePast, running on a Mac (OSX 10.10.5) with RepastMain 1.0
and jdk1.8.0_102, working through the ReLogo tutorial. I've succeeded in
defining the Agent Counts Data Set (p. 35 in the ReLogo Getting Started
document), but when I try to direct it to a Text Sink (either Console or
File), the dialog to define the sink can't find the Data Set. The drop
down box shows no alternatives. I've tried adding another data set, but
that doesn't show up, either. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

Re: Zombies Text Sink dialog can't find Data Set

Van Parunak

Interleaved

On 8/22/16 2:06 PM, Nick Collier wrote:
When you say RepastMain 1.0, what do you mean? The most recent version is Repast Simphony 2.3.1.
I am running Repast Simphony 2.3.1. 1.0 is the version number that shows up in "about" for the RepastMain window that comes up when I try to run the model.

I’m not sure what could be wrong with the data sets not showing in the sink dialog. Do the data sets show up  under the data sets node in the tree?
Yes
In the scenario.xml file in the scenario folder do you see some data set entries? Something like:

<repast.simphony.action.data_set context="jzombies" file="repast.simphony.action.data_set_3.xml" />
The only "scenario" folder I can find is /Applications/Repast Simphony 2.3.1/docs/RepastSimphonyAPI/repast/simphony/scenario, and that doesn't have any xml files in it.

I did find a scenario.xml file in my workspace, at
/Users/vanparunak/Documents/EclipseWorkspace/Zombies/Zombies.rs/scenario.xml
That file contains:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<Scenario>
<repast.simphony.dataLoader.engine.ClassNameDataLoaderAction context="Zombies" file="repast.simphony.dataLoader.engine.ClassNameDataLoaderAction_0.xml" />
<repast.simphony.userpanel.ui.DefaultUserPanelDescriptorAction context="Zombies" file="repast.simphony.userpanel.ui.DefaultUserPanelDescriptorAction_1.xml" />
<repast.simphony.action.data_set context="default_observer_context" file="repast.simphony.action.data_set_2.xml" />
<repast.simphony.action.data_set context="default_observer_context" file="repast.simphony.action.data_set_3.xml" />
<repast.simphony.action.display context="default_observer_context" file="repast.simphony.action.display_4.xml" />
<model.initializer class="repast.simphony.relogo.ReLogoInitializer" />
</Scenario>

Do you see any errors in the eclipse console?
No. I'm new to Eclipse as well, but neither the Console nor the Problems tab has anything in it.

In grepping for scenario.xml, I discovered that there is a Zombie_Model supplied with the installation, so I loaded it and ran it. It does show the pull-down box in the defined Text Sink, and in addition, if I define a new data set, my new one also shows up in the pull down box! But for some reason, when I work through the tutorial, my version does not offer the data sets in the text sink dialog.

Thank you so much for your help.

Nick
On Aug 22, 2016, at 1:09 PM, Van Parunak <[hidden email]> wrote:

I'm new to RePast, running on a Mac (OSX 10.10.5) with RepastMain 1.0
and jdk1.8.0_102, working through the ReLogo tutorial. I've succeeded in
defining the Agent Counts Data Set (p. 35 in the ReLogo Getting Started
document), but when I try to direct it to a Text Sink (either Console or
File), the dialog to define the sink can't find the Data Set. The drop
down box shows no alternatives. I've tried adding another data set, but
that doesn't show up, either. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

H. Van Dyke Parunak, Ph.D.
President, ABC Research, LLC

Superior solutions through Agent-Based and Complex systems
email: van.parunak@...
cell: 734 395 3253
www.ABCResearch.org