Quantcast

about using repast symphony in Netbeans

nobel khandaker
Hello,

Does anyone know if I can use the Repast Symphony's core jar files in Netbeans IDE to develop/run a simulation containing only POJOs?
I could not find any docs regarding using a different development environment.

Thanks for the help.

Nobel

Re: about using repast symphony in Netbeans

srcnick
Nobel,

I don't use Netbeans, but have used other non-eclipse environments to
work with Simphony. The trick is to add the simphony jars to your
compile classpath, but only add the repast.simphony.runtime jars to
your runtime classpath. This is fairly simple to do in both eclipse
and IntelliJ but I have not done it in Netbeans.

Nick

On Dec 30, 2008, at 12:35 AM, nobel khandaker wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Does anyone know if I can use the Repast Symphony's core jar files
> in Netbeans IDE to develop/run a simulation containing only POJOs?
> I could not find any docs regarding using a different development
> environment.
>
> Thanks for the help.
>
> Nobel

Re: about using repast symphony in Netbeans

Rainer Hilscher
Hi Nick,

I had to add "repast.simphony.bin_and_src.jar" as well as the
repast.simphony.runtime_1.2.0 jars (to get access to all the Repast
classes) for my project in IntelliJ Idea. However when I run the
simulation with "repast.simphony.runtime.RepastMain" as the main class I
get "Process finished with exit code 0" message ... that's it.

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Rainer

Re: about using repast symphony in Netbeans

srcnick
I'm not sure what your issue may be, but this looks correct for the
compile dependencies. For actually running, you want to include only
the run time jars. You may have to create a separate module containing
the runtime and run using that module -- I think there's an option in
the run / debug configurations for setting the module.

Nick

On Jan 5, 2009, at 5:28 PM, Rainer wrote:

> Hi Nick,
>
> I had to add "repast.simphony.bin_and_src.jar" as well as the
> repast.simphony.runtime_1.2.0 jars (to get access to all the Repast
> classes) for my project in IntelliJ Idea. However when I run the
> simulation with "repast.simphony.runtime.RepastMain" as the main
> class I
> get "Process finished with exit code 0" message ... that's it.
>
> Any idea what I am doing wrong?
>
> Rainer

Re: about using repast symphony in Netbeans

rijk
Hi Nick,

I also would like to use Repast in Intellij. I have followed the instructions scattered in these topics, but still get error messages.  So I added the repast.simphony.bin_and_src.jar to the libraries edited the run configuration to refer to repast.simphony.runtime.RepastMain. I get the following error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: saf/core/runtime/Boot
        at repast.simphony.runtime.RepastMain.main(RepastMain.java:43)
        at com.intellij.rt.execution.application.AppMain.main(AppMain.java:147)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: saf.core.runtime.Boot
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:331)
        ... 6 more

Process finished with exit code 1

Any ideas?
Thank you in general for upholding this mailing list :)

Cheers,
Rijk

Re: about using repast symphony in Netbeans

srcnick
I haven’t tried this in a long time, but I think you need two classpaths: one for compling and one for running. The compling one should at least contain the bin_and_src.jar, and whatever other jars from the various repast.simphony.X project lib directories you need. For running, you’ll need the code in the repast.simphony.runtime/bin directory and the jars in repast.simphony.runtime/lib. It might be handy having Eclipse around just to see what the result of running the simphony project creation wizards is and trying to match that in netbeans.

Nick