Quantcast

adding a background layer with a world map in a GIS display

adding a background layer with a world map in a GIS display

Gianfranco Giulioni-2
Dear all,
I kindly ask you if somebody have experience in adding a background layer showing a world map in a GIS display.

I would like to have a background similar to that you can see clicking the following link:
http://docs.geotools.org/latest/userguide/_images/QuickstartMap.png

The image is obtained by using geotools and the shape files that can be downloaded here
http://www.naturalearthdata.com/downloads/50m-cultural-vecto
see the geotools Eclipse Quickstart page:
http://docs.geotools.org/latest/userguide/tutorial/quickstart/eclipse.html

However, adding it as a background layer in a repast GIS display seems not to be strightforward.

I thank you in advance for any help you could provide.

I take the chance of this e-mail to wish you a wonderful holiday season.

Best regards

Gianfranco Giulioni‎

R: adding a background layer with a world map in a GIS display

Gianfranco Giulioni-2

Hi,
I solved my problem. The solution is reported hereafter in case someone else will face the same issue.
The background can be added at the “Agent Style” step of the display configuration wizard. To do that, one has to click the button showing a green plus sign. I was asked to select a shape file. Once selected, a new agent appears among the other agents. Then, I went on with the remaining wizard steps. The background appeared to me when I run the model.
Initially, it did not work because I was launching my program from command line. In this particular case, the wizard modifies the path to the shape file, and the configurator was looking in a wrong folder. Setting the -Duser.dir option in the java command fixed the problem