can't create batch payload from UNC path on Windows

can't create batch payload from UNC path on Windows

Morris, Robert J.  (Joey)

I'm running Repast Simphony 2.4 on Windows 7, and I'm trying to create the complete_model.jar payload file using the Batch Configuration GUI as described in the Batch Runs Getting Started Guide. When my workspace is located at C:\Users\rjmorris\workspace, the payload file is created successfully. However, when my workspace is located on a network share, such as \\servername\sharename\users\rjmorris\workspace, I get an error:

java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: C:\programs\RepastSimphony-2.4\eclipse\plugins\repast.simphony.distributed.batch_2.4.0\bin\scripts\build.xml:83: The following error occurred while executing this line:

C:\programs\RepastSimphony-2.4\eclipse\plugins\repast.simphony.distributed.batch_2.4.0\bin\scripts\build.xml:146: \\servername\sharename\C:\programs\RepastSimphony-2.4\eclipse\plugins\org.codehaus.groovy_2.4.3.xx-201608111517-e46\lib does not exist.

Am I required to map the network share to a drive letter on Windows?

Re: can't create batch payload from UNC path on Windows

srcnick
When making the complete_model.jar, I think we get eclipse’s home directory as an environment variable from eclipse itself. I’m not sure why its prefixing the UNC workspace part to that. I’ll add it as an issue in our issue tracker. Can you try and see if it works when the workspace is mapped to a drive letter and let us know.

thanks,

Nick

On Mar 7, 2017, at 4:17 PM, Morris, Joey <[hidden email]> wrote:

I'm running Repast Simphony 2.4 on Windows 7, and I'm trying to create the complete_model.jar payload file using the Batch Configuration GUI as described in the Batch Runs Getting Started Guide. When my workspace is located at C:\Users\rjmorris\workspace, the payload file is created successfully. However, when my workspace is located on a network share, such as <a href="smb://servername/sharename/users/rjmorris/workspace" style="color: rgb(149, 79, 114); text-decoration: underline;" class="">\\servername\sharename\users\rjmorris\workspace, I get an error:

java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: C:\programs\RepastSimphony-2.4\eclipse\plugins\repast.simphony.distributed.batch_2.4.0\bin\scripts\build.xml:83: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\programs\RepastSimphony-2.4\eclipse\plugins\repast.simphony.distributed.batch_2.4.0\bin\scripts\build.xml:146: <a href="smb://servername/sharename/C:/programs/RepastSimphony-2.4/eclipse/plugins/org.codehaus.groovy_2.4.3.xx-201608111517-e46/lib" style="color: rgb(149, 79, 114); text-decoration: underline;" class="">\\servername\sharename\C:\programs\RepastSimphony-2.4\eclipse\plugins\org.codehaus.groovy_2.4.3.xx-201608111517-e46\lib does not exist.

Am I required to map the network share to a drive letter on Windows?

Re: can't create batch payload from UNC path on Windows

Morris, Robert J.  (Joey)

Thanks Nick. I just tried it with the workspace mapped to a drive letter, and it worked.

When making the complete_model.jar, I think we get eclipse’s home directory as an environment variable from eclipse itself. I’m not sure why its prefixing the UNC workspace part to that. I’ll add it as an issue in our issue tracker. Can you try and see if it works when the workspace is mapped to a drive letter and let us know.

thanks,

Nick

On Mar 7, 2017, at 4:17 PM, Morris, Joey <[hidden email]> wrote:

I'm running Repast Simphony 2.4 on Windows 7, and I'm trying to create the complete_model.jar payload file using the Batch Configuration GUI as described in the Batch Runs Getting Started Guide. When my workspace is located at C:\Users\rjmorris\workspace, the payload file is created successfully. However, when my workspace is located on a network share, such as <a href="smb://servername/sharename/users/rjmorris/workspace">\\servername\sharename\users\rjmorris\workspace, I get an error:

java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: C:\programs\RepastSimphony-2.4\eclipse\plugins\repast.simphony.distributed.batch_2.4.0\bin\scripts\build.xml:83: The following error occurred while executing this line:

C:\programs\RepastSimphony-2.4\eclipse\plugins\repast.simphony.distributed.batch_2.4.0\bin\scripts\build.xml:146: <a href="smb://servername/sharename/C:/programs/RepastSimphony-2.4/eclipse/plugins/org.codehaus.groovy_2.4.3.xx-201608111517-e46/lib">\\servername\sharename\C:\programs\RepastSimphony-2.4\eclipse\plugins\org.codehaus.groovy_2.4.3.xx-201608111517-e46\lib does not exist.

Am I required to map the network share to a drive letter on Windows?