Quantcast

full Sugarscape (artificial world, Epstein & Axtell) model in Repast Simphony

full Sugarscape (artificial world, Epstein & Axtell) model in Repast Simphony

Dimitris Kremmydas

Hello to everybody,

In order to take a summer break from my PhD duties, I have started to code a full implementation of Sugarscape model ("Artificial World", Epstein & Axtell) in Java under the Repast Simphony framework (currently Chapter II is finished) .

You can download it at https://github.com/dkremmydas/SugarScape2  (there is a Wiki on https://github.com/dkremmydas/SugarScape2/wiki)

This model is much more detailed and customizable than current demo and has a threefold purpose:

    - Present advanced features of Repast Simphony framework
    - Show the virtues of using object oriented languages for social simulation
    - Provide code that can be easily modified and/or extended for exploring the Sugarscape model

Contributors are welcomed !

Re: full Sugarscape (artificial world, Epstein & Axtell) model in Repast Simphony

srcnick
Dimitris,

Thanks for sharing this with the community!

Nick