repast + Maven = no system.out.println?

Van Parunak
I've added Maven to a Repast Simphony project to help me use external packages, but now calls to System.out.println() don't show up on my console, and I can't find where they're going. Other projects that don't use Maven handle System.out.println() just as I would expect. Is Maven fundamentally incompatible with Simphony? Or is there some way I can at least find my output, and preferably redirect it to the console?
--
H. Van Dyke Parunak, Ph.D.
President, ABC Research, LLC

Superior solutions through Agent-Based and Complex systems
email: van.parunak@...
cell: 734 395 3253
www.ABCResearch.org

Re: repast + Maven = no system.out.println?

srcnick
There shouldn’t be any incompatibility between the two. If you mean you can’t see the output in the eclipse console, I think there’s a check box in one of the run configuration tabs for redirecting the console output to a file. I’m not sure that hides the console output though.

Nick

On Sep 22, 2016, at 4:34 PM, Van Parunak <[hidden email]> wrote:

I've added Maven to a Repast Simphony project to help me use external packages, but now calls to System.out.println() don't show up on my console, and I can't find where they're going. Other projects that don't use Maven handle System.out.println() just as I would expect. Is Maven fundamentally incompatible with Simphony? Or is there some way I can at least find my output, and preferably redirect it to the console?
--
H. Van Dyke Parunak, Ph.D.
President, ABC Research, LLC
<LogoColorArtNouveau_Small.png>
Superior solutions through Agent-Based and Complex systems
email: <a href="x-msg://4/van.parunak@gmail.com" class="">van.parunak@...
cell: 734 395 3253
www.ABCResearch.org

Re: repast + Maven = no system.out.println?

Van Parunak

Thanks. I think I figured it out--it's due to my newbie status with Maven, and not building correctly. So my added println()s weren't actually getting compiled. :-o

On 9/23/16 8:55 AM, Nick Collier wrote:
[...]

email: <a moz-do-not-send="true" href="x-msg://4/van.parunak@gmail.com" class="">van.parunak@...
cell: 734 395 3253
www.ABCResearch.org